With over 50% growth in video viewing on Facebook, businesses like yours are driving awareness and sales with Facebook video ads.
Here’s what advertising videos on Facebook can do for you:
- Target real people based on their interests, behaviors, age, gender, and location
- Reach people across devices (mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop)
- Build your very own Custom Audience that you can advertise to later
Now, that you know the power of this advertising method, let’s talk about how you can create video ads that convert.
Step 1: Get Attention
Make sure you get to the point right away. You only have 5-10 seconds to capture someone’s attention. Get to the point and do it fast. Here’s how:
- Ask questions
- Be Specific
- Interrupt the Pattern
Questions like, “Are you still struggling with ____________?” are great openers.
Specificity comes in the form of calling people out. This works really well when doing local ads. Something like, “Attention Atlanta Fitness Club Owners.” You want to call out the location and the proper label for the people you’re looking for. In this case our location is Atlanta and the label is Fitness Club Owners.
Interrupting the pattern is as simple as doing something a little unusual that will make people pay attention. One example is a text overlay at the very beginning of the video telling people to turn up their speakers. Another example is a 5-second countdown timer where the numbers count down prior to the video starting. And the last example is simply adding captions at the bottom of your videos so people can watch without sound.
Step 2: Educate & Inform
This is where you want to give value and discuss your main topic. There is a very specific way to do this that will build instant rapport and credibility. It’s a formula learned from The Cult of Copy called The Viking Velociraptor:
- Verify something the audience is seeing, hearing, or thinking
- Validate their response
- Vantage Point – transition to your topic of choice
- Values – relate vantage point to values you have with the audience
- Villain – connect values to a villain that you can figuratively throw rocks at with your audience
This takes some practice. But once you get it right, it makes all the difference in your videos.
Step 3: Call To Action
You would be surprised how many businesses create video advertisements for Facebook and leave out the most important part: the Call-To-Action.
Before you create your videos, it is important to know what action you would like people to take after they watch your video. Would you like them to download your eBook, join your Facebook group, or register for your webinar? Well, make sure you tell them that.
The call-to-action doesn’t have to be fancy at all. It can be and should be very simple. All you do is tell people what you want them to do. Here are some examples:
- For more information, click the button below and download our eBook.
- Get registered for our webinar, there are only 100 spots available.
- You are invited to our contest. Join our Facebook group for more details.
Are you looking for help with your Facebook Advertising?
Click Here to Accept The Challenge